Sunday, March 23, 2008

Phalaenopsis equestris

Since my Jumellea finished blooming, I don't really have anything in bloom right now. So I dug through my photo archives to find a picture of one of my Phalaenopsis species that was in bloom last month - Phalaenopsis equestris, var Ilocos.

The flowers were very tiny, maybe 1.5 cm across. The plant survived a flight across the country while in spike and surprisingly was unscathed by the change in conditions and drop in humidity out here - I had left it with Sasha over the fall and flew it back after Christmas, along with about a dozen other of my orchid species.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 p.m., Blogger Chrissy said...

Beautiful blog...will visit again.

 
At 11:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orchids are my passion. I love anything that has to do with orchids. I enjoy reading your orchid blog from time to time but I have never posted to it. Anyway, here's a post to let you know I think you have a great blog. If you get a chance visit our orchids website: 1888Orchids.com

 
At 11:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good informations at this blog, here in Brazil we have many orchids too. We will visit again.(fabiomaimone@gmail.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home