Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sedirea japonica in bud


Naomi and I both bought Sedirea japonica last year as large seedlings and thougth it would take years to get them to bloom. For some reason, my plant got a flower spike about three weeks ago. My plant's sister plant over at Naomi's for some reason doesn't have a bloom but instead is getting a new leaf. Something triggered my plant to bloom... I am trying to figure it out and think it must be warmer temperature because I brought mine into my greenhouse from it's usual window spot when I went on vacation and the green house is much warmer then my window spot. Anyway, I can't wait to see it bloom, it has a spectacular flower that is supposed to smell great too-

1 Comments:

At 10:34 p.m., Blogger Naomi @ WCOE said...

Nice work, Sasha - can't wait to see the flower!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home