Saturday, July 15, 2006

Jenn's orchids hit the road!

Jenn will be leaving for England in September to study for one year, so when we were in Tofino a couple of weeks ago we brought back one dozen of her orchids to look after for the next year.



A number of the orchids are plants that I also have in my collection, but among her unique plants I get to care for a Phrag. longifolium, Paph. argus and sukhakulii, and a Psycopisis and Maxillaria negroides.

The exciting news is that just a few days ago, I noticed a flower spike on the Phrag. longifolium!! It is developing fairly quickly.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 a.m., Blogger Katie said...

Gosh, you must post the pictures when it blooms. I love phrags in bloom. Mine are somewhat temperamental in terms of blooming!

 
At 9:10 a.m., Blogger Funkybrewster said...

Funny thing is - this plant had a near death experience over the winter...and until only a month ago I assumed it was dying a slow death!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home