Thursday, January 05, 2006

Zygoneria inflorescence?


There is lots of growth going on with my Zygoneria (Zygoneria Adelaide Meadow X Zygopetalum Conway's Choice), which definitely seems to be happy in the bathroom. Apparently it is a bit surprising that it gets enough light in there, under a few flourescents and with a diffuse east-facing window that is partially obstructed by the sliding shower door. But the Zygoneria rebloomed last year at the end of April so it is obviously happy and I am guessing that this is the flower spike that should produce bloom at about the same time this year? Here is a picture of the flowers last time it bloomed, which also happened to be one of the first posts on this blog!

5 Comments:

At 7:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lovely plant!

 
At 12:23 p.m., Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

My best orchid, growing on a piece of wood, did well in a bathroom as well. This room really got light from a small window only. It seemed to be enough as well, frankly I think the dark, cool (possibly moist?) environment of the bathroom helps simulate the natural conditions of the forest. I mean when people take a steamy shower, I bet the orchids love that!

R2K
Bathrooms
Rockets

 
At 7:31 a.m., Blogger Lady Jane Scarlett said...

It actually looks like a new growth to me. But, the flowers from the last blooming were lovely.

 
At 7:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orchidae

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Naomi @ WCOE said...

Yeah, I've since realized that it is a new pseudobulb, but alas, there should be a flower spike from that new pseudobulb. I think it flowered around April last year :)
Naomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home