Sunday, June 19, 2005

Coelogyne cristata clipping


Coelogyne cristata clipping
Originally uploaded by meadow moon.
I went to check out a local orchid grower this afternoon in Chemainus, BC (Windowsill Orchids). There were lots of warm growing orchids - vandas, cattleyas, dendrobiums, ... Asked about paphiopedilums for Jenn, and she has some, mostly primary hybrids. No masdevallias, draculas, bulbophyllums, but that's okay. Prices range from $10-$25, but not too much is in bloom right now. Sue, the grower, gave me a Coelogyne clipping! It's a Coelogyne cristata. Here is a photo of what the flower will look like (fingers crossed) and some culture info. I'm thinking about trying the Coelogyne outside for the summer, since it is cool-growing. I'm going to put it far away from the Cymbidium which is under the plum tree right now and yesterday I noticed both white fly and green aphids in the very close vicinity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home