Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finally, an update!

Seems like a good day to post an update to the orchid blog :)

Hard to believe I haven't posted here since September, wow, 6 months ago! It's pretty easy to keep up with Twitter updates though, so at least I haven't fallen behind on those.

I've wanted to post some pictures for the last few weeks but alas I dropped and broke another one of our cameras so I only had my crappy laptop camera, not really worth posting! It hasn't been as a great a blooming winter as it was last year, but nonetheless I've had some good blooms. I think I'm most happy with the Coelogynes, that had the most blooms they've ever had this year. Below is the Coelogyne flaccida followed by the Coelogyne cristata:


I still have a nice purple Paphiopedilum hybrid in bloom and my Dendrobium monoliforme just finished blooming. The monoliforme is pictured in a new-to-me Italian pot I found in an antique shop in Austin!


Finally, I'm heading to Washington, DC next weekend for a work conference and am hoping that I have some spare time to head to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History to check out their current exhibit Orchids: A View from the East. There is also a related exhibit going on at the same time, The Orchid in Chinese Painting, exhibiting at the Smithsonian Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. Hope I can get to both of these places while I'm in town!

2 Comments:

At 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Sarah said...

Wow, you've got some great-looking blooms there! Nice growing!!

 
At 6:14 p.m., Blogger Naomi @ WCOE said...

Thanks, Sarah! You too :) Thanks for all the pix from the NYBG show! If I get to the Smithsonian I'll post pix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home