Saturday, November 14, 2009

More fall orchid blooms

It has definitely been the best fall in awhile for me in terms of orchids blooming.

As I wrote on Twitter and below, two orchids I bought in Spring 2007 at the Vancouver Island Orchid Society show bloomed for me for the first time this fall. Maxillaria meleagris just finished blooming, and it looks like I should be getting some flowers on my Dendrobium kingianum as well!

Also in bloom right now a Paph. sukhakulii X and my Dendrobium monoliforme. And it looks like flowers are developing on both Coelogyne cristata (will be the first from this clipping!) and also on Coel. flaccida. Fingers crossed!




5 Comments:

At 3:25 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

This is really a wonderful blog site as it considers the natural beauty very much. I am really glad to go through such a beautiful blog.
-----------------------------
melisa
vancouver flowers

 
At 3:38 p.m., Blogger Complete Bamboo said...

Awesome pictures! I have always loved Orchids. They are especially beautiful in our location here in Northern California. We run a bamboo nursery and they make a great compliment to bamboo.

 
At 10:31 a.m., Blogger FilipBlog said...

Very special flower

 
At 6:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful healthy plants and absolutely wonderful photography. Keep up the good work!

Steve

 
At 4:39 p.m., Blogger Naomi @ WCOE said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone! Thanks, Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home